Sunday 15 November 2009

Questionnaire for music magazine

This is my questionnaire.

1. What music types do you like?

R ‘n’ B Metal Pop Grime Indie Rock

Other ­­­­­-______________

2. What are your interests? (hobbies) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. How much money do you get a month?

________________________

4. What features would you want to be in a music magazine each week?

___________________________________________________

5. What are your favourite bands/artists? _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6. How much money do you spend on shoes each month?

_____________

7. How much money do you spend on clothes each month?

______________

8. How much money do you spend on music, DVD’s and books a month?

_____________

9. Do you have the internet?

Yes No

10. How much time do you spend on the internet a week?

0-1 hours? 1-2 hours 2-3hours 3-4 Hours 4+ hours

11. Do you play computer games?

Yes No

12. How many people live in your house?

­­______________________

Do you own an mp3 player?

Yes No

What do you enjoy to do over the week end?

________________________________________

How do you get your music?

Download Buy from a shop

What features would you like to see in a music magazine?

__________________________________________________

To find out what type of people would read my magazine, I handed out a questionnaire to 10 males and 10 females. I used 10 males and 10 females because I wanted to make sure that my sample size was an equal amount of males and females so that it was a fair test. Although my original idea is to target it more at males I believe that having females views may help the production of the magazine. As an original idea I wanted to make my magazine to appeal to 16-20 year olds so that’s the age range I asked.
I asked what music genre everyone prefers and 55% of people said they prefer rock music so my music magazine will mainly be based on rock music. Also 20% of people said that they like metal so I will include a small section about metal. People also said that their favourite things to do on are going to gigs, going out and going shopping. The average amount of money someone gets a month is £87 so the people who read my magazine are not well off but are not too shy of a penny. 55% of my readers get their money from parents so they show that they are not a reliable source. The other 45% get their money from part time work.
The average reader would spend 25 pound on shoes each month, £30 on clothes each month and £25 on music dvds and books. 100% of all the people that I asked use the internet so advertising on the internet would be good. The average time that people spend on the internet is over 10 hours a week. Over 60% of people play computer games and the average amount of people who live in the house hold is 4. 87% have their own mp3 player and 75% download music instead of buying it from a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment